Pro Version | USD Change Currency | Help | Mobile Site
Advertisements

2008 Domaine Denis Mortet Gevrey-Chambertin, Cote de Nuits, France

Wine Notes

Price Range of 750ml bottle, ex-tax in USD
Average: $74   From: $59   To: $92

Search Rank 2055 What is search rank?
Over all vintages, this was the 2055th most popular wine on Wine-Searcher last year. Search rank last month: 2475th

Score: 76.
The Wine-Searcher score of 76/100 is based on the following wine critic score:
Critic Score
14/20  
Click a critic's name for details, or the score to go to their site (may require subscription).
Price History for 2008 Domaine Denis Mortet Gevrey-Chambertin, Cote de Nuits, France
Loading ...
Auction Price History for 2008 Domaine Denis Mortet Gevrey-Chambertin, Cote de Nuits, France

Grape Variety: Pinot Noir

Pinot Noir is the red wine grape of Burgundy, now adopted (and feverishly studied) in wine regions all over the world. The variety's elusive charm has carried it to all manner of vineyards, from western Germany and northern Italy to Chile, South Africa, Australia and, perhaps most notably, California, Oregon and New Zealand. It is the patriarch of the ‘Pinot’ family of grape varieties – so called because their bunches are similar in shape to a pine cone (pinot in French). Other members of this family include Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Meunier, Aligote and Pinot Noir's white-wine counterpart, ... more


Region Hierarchy
  • Gevrey-Chambertin wine region

    Gevrey-Chambertin is a village in the Cote de Nuits sub-region of Burgundy that is home to some of the world's most prestigious (and correspondingly expensive) red wines. Apart from its own Gevrey-Chambertin village appellation, the parish lays claim to 26 Premier Cru climats and nine Grand Crus.

    Gevrey-Chambertin wines are exclusively red and made predominantly from Pinot Noir grapes. Widely regard ... more

  • Cote de Nuits wine region

    The Cote de Nuits is the northern half of the Cote d'Or wine sub-region of Burgundy. It specializes in red wines made predominantly from Pinot Noir (which accounts for about 95% of plantings here) and is widely considered to be the 'home' of Pinot Noir. The remaining 5% of Cote de Nuits wines are white, pro ... more

3 of 3

Advertisements
Suggested suppliers

UK The Wine Society
$63.00
Bottle
UK Lay & Wheeler Wine Merchants
$65.52
Bottle
UK Justerini & Brooks
$68.59
Bottle
UK Justerini & Brooks
$72.04
Bottle
UK Fine & Rare Wines
$73.92
Bottle
UK Tanners Wine Merchants
$91.69
Bottle
Spain Golden Vintage
$95.02
Bottle
UK The Wine Society
$378.00
Case of 6 Btls
UK Fine & Rare Wines
$416.64
Case of 6 Btls
UK Goedhuis & Co.
$705.60
Case of 12 Btls


Site Map About Contact Business Advertising Social